Friday, January 6, 2012

Ima Cutter





Noooo not like that, stupid. (Not that there's anything wrong with that?) I like to cut things OUT. Like pictures. From magazines and newspapers and other stuff. Hello. Look at all my awesome pictures. You want a fish? Oh I got your fish. Rabbits? I see three. Flowers? Um, tattoo or real? You're gonna need to be more specific. Numbers, letters, stars, DOMINOES. Holy crap! And there's lots more where that came from.

What do I do with all these? I glue them on shit. Anytime I need a picture to glue, I can flip through my pages here and find the perfect thing. Shapes with lots of air and space, bam. Filled in shapes, colorful shapes, b-BAM. Shapes with lines, shapes with curves, block shapes, roundy shapes, BAM BAMBAMMABM-BAM BAM! I have it. And after tomorrow, they will all be bound in a 3-ring binder, courtesy of my sister who always has all the school supplies, uh huh.

So, yeah, I am good at cutting things out. But it's not all skill. For quality cuts, you also need the right hardware, and I have definitely lucked out in that department. When I am holding my scissors, I feel like one lucky girl. I had a hair dresser once who loved his scissors, he told me so the first time we met. I had never heard anyone say this before, but OMG I knew exactly how he felt. "I love my scissors, too!!!"...

This magic moment, so different and so new, was like any other, until I met you. And then it happened, it took me by surprise, I knew that you felt it too, I could see it by the look in your eyes.... sweeter than wine, la la la la la

And then it was ON.

1 comment: